Wedding Planningto-do list
Wedding Planning To-Do List
We know that planning your big day can be a tad overwhelming. To help make matters easier, here’s a wedding planning to-do list to keep close by:
12-18 Months Before
- Set a date and start working on your website: www.minted.com/wedding-websites
- Budget: Set up a complimentary consultation with a Wedding-Real Estate Advisor who will show you how to have your dream wedding and go from honeymooners to homeowners: www.robert57.kw.com
- Choose Your Wedding Party: Maid of Honor, Bridesmaids, Best Man, Groomsmen, Flower Girl, and Ring Bearer.
- Get your engagement rings insured.
- Begin compiling a guest list (make an “A” and a “B” List).
- Pick a venue and ceremony location (as well as book clergy or an officiant).
- Hire a photographer and videographer: Your first choice should be professionals on the venue’s vendor list who are familiar with the team, have multiple years of experience on the venue’s grounds and key photo-op areas, and know the mechanics of the venue.
- Déjà Vu Studios: www.dejavustudios.net
- Tino Photography: www.tinophotovideo.com
- Patken Photographer: www.patkenphotographer.com
- Tony Lante Photography: www.tonylante.com
- Fine Art Photography: www.fineartphoto.com
- Hire a DJ and entertainment/band: www.genesisevents.com
- Explore wedding day hair and makeup styles.
- Book your makeup trial on the day of your engagement shoot to see the results on camera.
- Book an engagement shoot and use these photos for your Save the Dates.
Engagement Session Locations
L.I.C. Gantry Park
Grand Central Terminal
Old Westbury Gardens
- Check with your photographer about Save the Date rates.
- Shop Save the Dates online for the best deal.
- Mail your Save the Dates.
8-12 Months Before
- Choose your bridal party’s attire and accessories.
- Hire a florist for personal bouquets, boutonnieres for the wedding party, venue, cake, etcetera: www.eventsbymarialo.com
- Book your transportation to and from the venue: www.camelotlimo.com
- Purchase your wedding bands.
- Order “Thank You” cards (or see if they are included with your photo package).
- Meet with an officiant to discuss your plans for the ceremony.
- Decide on your groomsmens’ attire.
- Personalize and order your wedding invitations.
- Hire musicians for the ceremony (if needed).
- Book a hotel for your out-of-town guests.
- Schedule your dress fitting.
- Book honeymoon flights and hotels:
- Greece Specialist: www.gohermes.com
- Bachelorette/Bachelor Trip & International Honeymoon: www.chubit.com
- Book a room for your wedding night.
- Order your wedding cake topper.
6 Months Before
- Plan welcome baskets for your out-of-town guests.
- Prepare [play/do not play] playlists for your DJ/band.
- Finalize your wedding guest list.
- Assemble your rehearsal dinner guest list and book the rehearsal dinner venue.
- Create gift registries at three national retailers and post on www.minted.us
- Finalize your honeymoon plans and ensure all documents are in order (i.e., passports).
- Experiment with your hair and veil with your stylist.
- Purchase: Toasting flutes, serving pieces, guestbook, flower basket, and ring bearer pillow (if needed, Sand Castle provides most of these amenities; please confirm with us).
2 Months Before
- Finalize your Sand Castle menu and cake with our operations team (we’ll send you an email).
- Make appointments for all other final payments with vendors.
- Call your vendors to confirm the date, time, and location.
- Confirm your honeymoon reservations.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
- Pick up your wedding rings.
- Begin writing your vows.
- Review your ceremony details with your officiant.
- Apply for your marriage license.
- Finalize your seating arrangements.
- Finalize your playlists with your musicians.
- Finalize your fitting for your wedding party and parents.
- Create a wedding day timeline document and send it to your vendors, the officiant, and your wedding party.
- Write out a honeymoon itinerary for your family at home.
- Decide on your “Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.”
- Book your wedding day transportation.
- Arrange your final dress fitting (with your wedding day shoes and undergarments).
- Write “Thank You” notes as gifts are received.
- Follow up with guests who have not RSVP’d.
1 Week Prior
- Return all paperwork to the venue and your vendors.
- Give a final count and make your final payment with the venue.
- Begin breaking in your wedding shoes.
- Delegate someone to return the tuxes, rentals, and tend to the wedding dress.
- Send directions to your wedding day limo/transportation driver.
- Eat a good breakfast.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get ready.
- Give the wedding rings and officiant fee to your Best Man.
- Remember to relax, smile, and soak in every incredible moment.
Why Choose Us
We host one wedding at a time, ensuring the perfect setting for exclusivity.
We have over 30 years of experience in hosting successful weddings.
We treat your guests to award-winning cuisine.
Sand Castle offers the perfect Cinderella setting for your big day.