Timeline To Plan A Wedding In Six Months
Becoming engaged to your soulmate is one of the most wonderful events of a lifetime. The prospect of settling down and starting your own little family with your partner is unparalleled. However, while some people love to extend their engagement as much as possible to meticulously map out their special day, others opt for a shorter wedding planning experience.
If you belong to the latter group, you have come to the right place. Read on to discover our detailed, six-month wedding planning timeline to successfully organize your fairytale wedding!
6 Months Before Your Wedding
A six-month wedding timeline can seem like a short period of time; however, it will allow you to make choices faster and leave less space for doubt.
- Start planning by building a checklist, you can tick off tasks as you go!
- Pick a date.
- Set your budget.
- Find a planner. Consider using a wedding planner when putting together a wedding in short periods of time. They will be able to assist you and connect you to vendors seamlessly.
- Book a venue and a caterer.
- Set up a wedding website to communicate with your guests.
- Send out save the dates as soon as possible; your guests will appreciate it!
- Start messaging vendors and ask for quotes (this includes but is not limited to: DJs, photographers and videographers, MUAs, hair stylists, transportation, florists, officiants and bakeries).
- Set up your registry.
- Book hotel room blocks for your guests.
- Start shopping for wedding attire.
5 Months Before Your Wedding
- Book wedding vendors.
- Start shopping for invitations.
- Purchase wedding rings; have them resized and engraved.
4 Months Before Your Wedding
- Purchase accessories.
- Research honeymoon destinations.
- Plan your rehearsal dinner and/or day-after brunch.
- Schedule a catering and cake tasting.
3 Months Before Your Wedding
- Book your honeymoon.
- Shop for wedding favors (you can also opt to make a donation in your guests’ name as an alternative to material favors).
- Attend your hair and makeup trials.
- Celebrate your wedding shower
2 Months Before Your Wedding
- Send out your invitations.
- Think ahead, start writing thank you notes!
- Make a ceremony and reception playlist.
- Get your marriage license (the period to obtain a marriage license may vary from state to state, so make sure you plan ahead and request it with enough time!)
1 Month Before Your Wedding
- Confirm all vendors.
- Begin breaking in your wedding shoes.
- Celebrate your bachelor/bachelorette party!
2 Weeks Before Your Wedding
- Put together a seating chart.
- Draft a wedding day timeline (remember to share it with your vendors and wedding party members).
The Day Before Your Wedding
Your big day is almost here. It is now time for you to sit back and relax. Attend your rehearsal dinner and enjoy every second with your loved ones before walking down the aisle!
If last-minute tasks arise, remember, you can always delegate responsibilities to your family members, friends or future spouse; they will be happy to assist you!
Book Your Fairytale Wedding With Us!
At Sand Castle, we have over 30 years of experience in hosting breathtaking weddings on Long Island, NY. From our award-winning cuisine to our fairytale setting, we are committed to making your day a success.
Contact us today to schedule a tour of our venue and get started on planning your dream wedding!